In this episode, Whitney interviews Joel Block, President and CEO, Bullseye Capital. Joel runs a hedge fund that specializes in acquiring distressed real estate assets. Joel shares various ways for arriving at the optimum funding arrangement in order to syndicate a real estate deal. How do you network and build partnerships with people who have complimentary skillsets? What is the ideal investor profile for a syndicator? And, how do you deal with investors who wish to avail an early exit? Joel shares the nuances of capital raising. Tune in now to learn more.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Whitney introduces Joel to listeners
- 01:18 – How did Joel transition to the syndication business?
- 02:48 – Is syndication Joel’s main focus right now?
- 03:24 – What kind of investors invest in hedge funds rather than syndication?
- 05:20 – When are you ready for the syndication business? We discuss the need to develop the ability to raise funds as a syndicator
- 07:11 – Is it important to partner with someone in the syndication business?
- 08:01 – Discussing the importance of structuring the optimum funding arrangement to make money in real estate syndication
- 08:30 – Networking and partnering with people with complimentary skillsets is critical for building a good track record
- 10:40 – What is the ideal investor profile according to Joel?
- 13:12 – How to connect with investors who are willing to back you to the hilt
- 16:01 – Learn how attorneys may end up harming your syndication deal
- 17:02 – How to deal with people who want an early exit from a syndication deal
- 19:49 – What advice would Joel give his younger self?
- 20:43 – What is the hardest part about the syndication business?
- 22:33 – Top reasons why syndicators fail
- 23:20 – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Joel’s success?
- 24:41 – What is the first thing syndicators should do to improve their business?
- 25:42 – What is the ONE thing that Joel is most excited about in his business?
- 27:39 – Joel shares his contact information
- [spp-timestamp time=”28:51″] – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- How to raise capital from investors who are willing to back you to the hilt
- The ART of structuring the best possible funding arrangement in real estate syndication
- The importance of building a good track record
- Expert Witness Page on ALM
- Bullseye Capital’s Facebook page
- Joel’s personal Facebook page
- Joel’s LinkedIn
- Syndication Symposium Information
- Joel’s Twitter
- Bullseye Capital Website
- Joel’s Wikipedia Page
- Stop Hustling Gigs and Start Building a Business: 101+ Tricks of the Trade to Help Entrepreneurs and Self-Employed People Build a Money-Making Machine
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital