Chris Grenzig, Operations Manager at Toro Real Estate Partners reveals how a focused investing approach can help you syndicate value add deals that can generate handsome ROI’s with minimal risk for you and your investors.
In this show, Chris shares how to select a suitable market to invest in. Which are the factors that you should consider to zero in on a lucrative investing opportunity? You will also learn some effective ways of driving up rents to increase the overall value of your investment. Why is it important to conduct a thorough risk-reward analysis? And can you expect to get rich quick in the syndication business? Tune in as we dispel some common misconceptions and share some little known investing gems.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Whitney introduces Chris to listeners
- 01:12 – Why did Chris start fixing and flipping properties while working on Wall Street?
- 01:52 – Chris starts his real estate journey by taking a course
- 03:28 – Chris shares why he failed at his fixing and flipping business
- 04:15 – Chris tries his luck with the tax auction market on his mentor, Joe Cohen’s advice
- 05:43 – Why did Chris shift his focus to multifamily syndication?
- 06:59 – Was Chris involved in capital raising for the first few properties that he syndicated?
- 08:27 – How did Chris find and finance his first 82 unit deal in Jacksonville?
- 10:31 – Reasons why Chris decided to go ahead with the Jacksonville deal
- 11:26 – What sort of changes did Chris make to the 82 unit property to drive greater value add?
- 13:31 – Why Jacksonville is a strategic location for real estate investors
- 15:08 – Chris espouses on the deal structure for the 82 unit property
- 16:29 – Chris’s plans for renovating the Jacksonville property, driving up rents and then profitably exiting
- 17:25 – Do you need a huge capital to start a syndication business?
- 19:21 – Real estate syndication is not a get rich quick business
- 20:15 – Why did Chris walk away from a recent deal in spite of good potential upside?
- 21:51 – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Chris’s success?
- 22:31 – How a more focused investing approach has helped Chris improve his business
- 23:36 – Chris shares his contact information
- 23:56 – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [spp-timestamp time=”24:15″] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- How to evaluate a new real estate market and discover value add properties
- Capital requirements for kickstarting a syndication business
- The ART of mitigating risk in a syndication deal
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital
- Toro Real Estate Properties
- Real Estate Investing Success Group
- Chris’s Instagram
- Chris’s Biggerpockets Profile
- Chris’s Email