Bill Zahller, President, Park Capital Properties shares how inexperienced syndicators can overcome some common challenges in deal acquisition and capital raising as they attempt to make the transition to real estate syndication.
This show kickstarts with Bill sharing how he got involved in real estate syndication. You will learn how you can find a mentor who is truly interested in seeing you succeed. Next, Bill reveals how he syndicated his first 216-unit deal. What gave Bill the confidence to syndicate such a large deal? Was capital raising a huge challenge for Bill? Bill reveals how he dealt with his Key Principal walking out just 14 days before closing! For all this and much more, tune in to our latest show!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Whitney introduces Bill to listeners
- 01:10 – How did Bill get involved in real estate syndication?
- 02:07 – Was Bill confident making the transition from single family investing to multifamily syndication?
- 02:56 – Bill shares some interesting details about the first deal that he syndicated
- 03:53 – What was Bill’s criteria when he was looking for a mentor?
- 05:28 – How did Bill find his first 200-unit deal?
- 06:27 – What is a preemptive offer in real estate?
- 08:02 – Reasons why Bill decided to acquire his 200 unit property
- 08:58 – How much capital did Bill raise for his first deal?
- 09:10 – Bill reveals how he raised capital for his first deal
- 11:06 – Is aggressive networking necessary for raising capital?
- 12:02 – How to find a reliable partner in real estate syndication
- 13:15 – Who is the “Key Principal” in a real estate syndication? What did Bill do when his KP backed out 14 days before closing?
- 17:10 – Important lessons Bill learned from his first capital raising experience
- 18:24 – What has been the most challenging aspect of the syndication business for Bill?
- 19:32 – What are some ways that Bill has significantly improved his business?
- 20:12 – The ONE thing that has contributed to Bill’s success
- 21:17 – Bill shares his future plans
- 21:52 – How does Bill give back to society?
- 22:29 – Bill shares his contact information
- 22:53 – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [spp-timestamp time=”23:07″] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, LifeBridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- How to transition from single-family investing to multi-family syndication
- Networking Tips and Tricks for real estate investors
- Overcoming the challenges of capital raising in real estate syndication
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital
- Syndication Attorneys, PLLC
- Park Capital Properties
- Bill’s Email