Jason Pero, founder, Pero Real Estate reveals how financial discipline, continuous learning, and effective networking allowed him and his wife, Nadia to grow their real estate portfolio to 650 units over a span of 17 years.
This show kickstarts with Jason recounting his early years as a real estate investor. Was it difficult for Jason to manage his real estate investments while maintaining this day job? When did Jason find the confidence to quit his day job and become a full-time investor? What were Jason’s criteria when he was looking for a real estate partner?
We discuss how complementary skill-sets, integrity and business experience can help forge a successful partnership. From raising $1.5 million in just 5 weeks for his first syndication to acquiring a deep value add property, this show is full of animated anecdotes. Watch now for some great insights.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Whitney introduces Jason to listeners
- 01:07 – Why did Jason venture into real estate investing?
- 02:24 – Jason leaves his day job to concentrate full-time on real estate investing
- 03:08 – Jason reveals some interesting details about his first syndication
- 04:28 – Was it challenging for Jason to manage his real estate investments while he was still had his day job?
- 05:47 – How did Jason grow his real estate portfolio from one duplex in 2001 to 290 units in 2012?
- 08:16 – Did Jason and his wife sacrifice material comforts to fulfill their entrepreneurial aspirations?
- 09:20 – Is it advisable for inexperienced investors to venture into syndication from the get-go?
- 11:07 – Jason reveals how he syndicated an 86-unit deal – his largest ever
- 13:10 – Importance of focusing on educating your investors in a real estate syndication
- 14:37 – How to vet and partner with the right person in real estate syndication
- 16:34 – Focused goal-setting is crucial for finding success in the real estate business
- 17:47 – How did Jason manage to find a deep value add property where the rents were way below market
- 19:06 – Cultivating close broker relationships is key to finding a lucrative real estate investment
- 20:34 – Putting more money down helped Jason convince the seller and close the deal
- 22:34 – What sort of insights can you get by conducting a “Stress Test”?
- 24:29 – How was Jason able to raise $1.5 million in just 5-6 weeks for his first syndication
- 27:30 – What is the hardest part of the syndication business according to Jason?
- 28:15 – What steps has Jason taken recently to improve his business? He reveals why he strives for predictability in business
- 30:08 – What is the number ONE thing that has contributed to Jason’s success?
- 32:27 – Jason shares his contact information
- 33:35 – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [spp-timestamp time=”33:49″] – A Special Thanks to our gracious sponsor, LifeBridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- How to transition to real estate investing while maintaining your day job
- Importance of educating your investors in a real estate syndication
- How to acquire, rehab and manage a deep value add property
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital
- Pero Real Estate
- Jason’s Email
- Call Jason at 814-397-8030