Larry Abramowitz, founder, Broad View Capital shares some expert tips for capital raising, deal scouting, and property rehab and reveals some business strategies that have helped him conduct $30 million worth of real estate transactions in just 5 years.
This show starts off with Larry sharing how he ventured into the real estate business. Why did Larry decide to syndicate a 100 plus unit property in Daytona Beach, FL? Larry shares his property rehab plans and reveals the IRR that he expects to generate for his investors. What has been the most challenging aspect of the syndication business for Larry? And what steps is he taking to improve his syndication business? For this and much, much more, tune in to our latest show!
Our Gracious Sponsor:
See The Real Estate CPA’s Special Virtual Workshop for the listeners of The Real Estate Syndication Show on How to Answer Tax Related Questions from Your Investors! http://bit.ly/TheRealEstateCPA-Syndication
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:29] – Whitney introduces Larry to listeners
- [01:17] – Larry recalls his first real estate investment
- [02:11] – Larry starts syndicating foreclosed properties in 2014
- [03:19] – How did Larry educate himself before entering the syndication business?
- [04:30] – Larry reveals some interesting details about the first deal that he syndicated in Daytona Beach, Florida
- [06:25] – What was the biggest challenge that Larry had to overcome while syndicating his first deal?
- [07:40] – What deal did Larry strike with the property manager on his first deal?
- [08:43] – Expert Tips that will help you raise capital for your first syndication
- [11:16] – How to communicate with investors and convince them to come onboard
- [12:56] – How to put together an investor package for a real estate syndication
- [14:24] – Get your tax queries answered by the Real Estate CPA
- [15:40] – Reasons why Larry decided to go ahead with the Daytona deal
- [17:11] – How did Larry structure the Daytona deal with his investors?
- [18:56] – Larry reveals his rehab plans, hold period and expected returns for the Daytona deal
- [20:54] – Syndication vs. Single family – How do they compare?
- [22:05] – Larry reveals that he prefers investing in properties with 100 plus units
- [23:08] – What has been the most challenging aspect of the syndication business for Larry?
- [24:31] – Importance of building a dedicated team for your syndication business
- [25:34] – What steps is Larry taking to improve his business?
- [25:48] – What has been the number ONE thing that has contributed to Larry’s success?
- [27:47] – Larry shares his contact information
- [28:08] – Join our Facebook group to connect with real estate experts
- [28:18] – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [28:31] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, LifeBridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- Expert Capital Raising Tips for first-time syndicators
- The ART of structuring a complicated syndication deal
- Typical returns that you can expect from a value-add deal