Terry White, founder, and owner, Sunwest Trust, Inc., a Self-Directed IRA custodian reveals how you can invest your IRA in non-traditional assets like real estate syndication.
This show starts off with Terry sharing his extensive experience in the Self-Directed IRA industry. Terry goes on to reveal the difference between a custodian and a TPA. Why are you better off working with a custodian rather than a TPA? How does income from syndication get routed back to you? Terry also reveals the various common mistakes that investors make while investing their IRA money. Tune in for some detailed insights!
Our Gracious Sponsor:
Are you wanting to learn how to gain financial freedom through having your own syndication business? Text LEARN to 474747 to begin to learn from one of the best in the industry, Vinney Chopra. Vinney came to the US with only $7 in his pocket, and now controls hundreds of millions of dollars of real estate he has acquired through multifamily syndication. He is now personally coaching others to do the same. Text LEARN to 474747 to begin your journey to starting your own syndication business! Vinneychopra.com
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [00:29] – Whitney introduces Terry to listeners
- [01:02] – How did Terry end up in the financial industry?
- [02:14] – How can you invest your IRA funds in non-traditional assets like real estate syndication?
- [02:57] – What is the difference between a custodian and TPA (Third Party Administrator)?
- [06:06] – What is the typical fee structure of a custodian?
- [07:40] – When should a syndicator contact a custodian like Terry?
- [09:15] – Does a passive investor end up owning equity in a syndication deal?
- [10:27] – How is income from syndication routed back to investors?
- [11:29] – Are custodians responsible for protecting IRA investments in real estate?
- [13:16] – Text LEARN to 474747 to learn the nuances of multifamily syndication from Vinney Chopra
- [15:00] – What is a common mistake that investors make while investing their IRA?
- [16:00] – Should investors be wary of folks promising “guaranteed” and extremely high returns?
- [18:03] – Is your investment decision dependent on your age?
- [18:58] – Terry advises listeners to build a team of reliable people
- [19:54] – Terry reveals that team-building and training exercises are helping him greatly improve his business
- [23:45] – What is the number one thing that has contributed to Terry’s success?
- [24:37] – How do find a reliable custodian who can help you invest your IRA funds?
- [26:23] – How does Terry give back to society?
- [27:20] – Terry shares his contact information
- [28:28] – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [28:33] – Join our Facebook group to connect with many experts like Terry
- [28:50] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, LifeBridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- How to invest your IRA in non-traditional assets like real estate syndication
- Difference between a custodian and TPA (Third Party Administrator)
- Common mistakes that investors make while investing their IRA