Today we have returning guest Rahul Patel joining us to once again share his wealth of knowledge in the real estate syndication world. Rahul is an attorney, real estate developer, professor, speaker, and serial entrepreneur, and he’s perhaps best known as the managing partner of Patel | Gaines, the fifth fastest-growing law firm in the US. We get to hear how a successful man like him thinks about planning for the new year, setting goals, being focused, doing proper research, and making the most from networking opportunities.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
For him, planning is incredibly important, because even though plans might shift as the year progresses, they keep you focused on your priorities and away from “time burn” activities. He shares his thoughts on branding, specifically the importance of educating yourself and your audience, building the right culture, getting regular feedback from employees, and coming up with innovative ways to improve on the work of those who have gone before you. Towards the end of the conversation, we talk about community outreach projects and how they can benefit both you and your community, and what their plans are for purpose-driven giving in 2020.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Viewing the end of the year as a great opportunity to reflect and plan the year ahead.
- Why you might want to consider posting your goals somewhere public.
- Establishing a marketing plan and budget, and tracking the campaign’s ROI.
- An anecdote about being focused, doing your homework and knowing when to take a risk.
- Advice for making the most of networking opportunities at conventions and trade shows.
- Why it is imperative to plan regardless of whether you stick to the plan or not.
- Finding people that challenge you and setting outrageous yet realistic goals.
- Being careful not to be involved with projects that are a “time burn” and lead to nothing.
- What building a brand really means — and it’s not what you think!
- Educating the public on who you are, what you offer and why you do what you do.
- Using a channel that suits your personality and that expresses your unique voice.
- Start building the right culture by starting with yourself and how you treat tenants.
- Making an effort to offer thoughtful amenities to tenants and getting to know your employees.
- How Rahul has implemented weekly catchups with all team members.
- How to get feedback from employees without making it a finger-pointing session.
- Innovate by recognizing and building upon the ideas of others and by thinking carefully about how tenants use the space.
- Growing your business while also giving back through community outreach efforts.
[bctt tweet=”Just get ready. If you’re struggling to get over the finish line, get some coffee, get a workout in, and go finish the year strong, cause there’s still time left to do that. — @patelgaines ” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Rahul Patel
As managing partner of the fifth fastest-growing law firm in the nation, Rahul B. Patel has a flair for delivering simplicity and superior client service. Over the last decade, he has developed a reputation for his innovative approach to commercial real estate and property tax litigation where he currently represents over $8.5 billion in commercial property. Not only does Rahul lead the Patel Gaines team, but he is also a certified NBPA agent, a guest speaker for multiple organizations, and professor of hospitality law at the University of Houston. Rahul was named on the San Antonio Business Journal’ s 40 Under 40 and Outstanding Lawyers list, and was their Man of the Year. He has also been featured in USA Today, Forbes, Fortune, BusinessWeek, Texas Lawyer and more.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: