Growing up, many of us believe that by getting a secure job, we will be taken care of for our retirement. If we are not exposed to entrepreneurs and other means of wealth generation, it is easy to think that investing in the stock market is our only option. While the stock market does have its benefits, it is volatile and can be unreliable. This is why our guest today, Alex Kholodenko, believes in looking outside the stock market to commercial real estate as a means of generating wealth.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
In today’s episode, Alex walks us through some of the pros and cons of investing in both the stock market and in commercial real estate. He does not believe in exclusively holding one kind of investment but rather having a diverse, well-rounded portfolio. From his work, he has seen that most people do not even consider investing in real estate. They believe that it’s the stock market or nothing. Alex’s mission is to help educate and show others that a different way is possible. He also shares why mindset matters, some of the biggest mental hurdles of investing in real estate, and much more. Tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Learn about Alex’s background and how he got bitten by the syndication bug.
- The difference between middle-class wealth generation and ultra-wealthy wealth generation.
- Some of the major pros of real estate investing: tax benefits, leveraging, physical assets.
- Cons of syndication: high barrier to entry, not liquid, and strict regulations.
- Why Alex recommends having a diversified portfolio rather than only one type of investment.
- Two of the biggest kickbacks Alex sees when he introduces real estate investing to people.
- How Alex has cultivated an abundant mind and gratitude to help him with his business.
- Alex’s tips for first time syndication investors.
- Three ways Alex is preparing for the predicted downturn and a contributor to his success.
[bctt tweet=”You have to have a wealthy mind to attract the wealth. — Alex Kholodenko” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Alex Kholodenko
Alex Kholodenko has 10 years of strong experience in real estate investing with single-family homes, tax deeds/liens, money lending, and fix and flips. He has spent 20 years in the high-tech software industry working as an IT professional in the Bay Area. Alex also co-founded Wealthy Mind Investments to fulfill his life-long passion for helping people. Now his focus is on commercial real estate investments because of the simplicity of being passive investor, scalability and tax efficiencies. He has created strategic partnerships with experienced multifamily operators that have boots on the ground in cash flowing and growing markets based on market research. He believes that busy professionals deserve access to proven wealth strategies in commercial real estate investing, so they can enjoy life to the fullest potential. Alex is originally from Ukraine has lived in Silicon Valley for the last 25+ years. He currently resides in Belmont with his wife and two sons.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: