While the thought of being an entrepreneur can be very exciting to some, for others it just evokes the feeling of having to be plugged into the business all the time. Although this may be true in some cases, if you, as an entrepreneur, can focus on what gives you energy and delegate tasks that drain you, it is possible to create a business that both thrives and that serves you. This is exactly what our guest today, Trevor Mauch, has done. Despite early exposure to entrepreneurship, he was adamant it wasn’t the path for him.
Our gracious sponsor:
The Real Estate Investing Rocks Digital Summit will be held on March 26-28, 2020. Learn, network and grow with 20+ industry leading experts! To register, click here.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
He has since gone on to grow a hugely successful business. In this episode, we find out how Trevor unlearned his idea of what being a business owner was and how he reframed it to do work that fulfills him and gives him energy. Getting to this point was not easy. He followed what he thought his path was and spent a lot of his time feeling drained. We learn some of the techniques he has used to distill his workload so that he could focus on what he’s best at. Trevor shares some incredible advice from an influential book and the tool, The Energy Audit, that he created for people to learn how to better channel their energy productively. Trevor was a fantastic guest, who provided some easy to follow, implementable tips. Be sure to tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Trevor’s background: From his early exposure to entrepreneurship to launching Carrot.
- Learn about the mindset shift that happened that made Trevor become an entrepreneur.
- How Trevor managed to build a company that serves him rather than the other way around.
- Lessons from, The Pumpkin Plan, a book that has been very influential in Trevor’s life.
- How anyone can take their non-negotiables and leverage them to get a fulfilling job.
- Find out Trevor’s non-negotiables after he sold his two companies.
- The importance of doing work that fuels you and gives you energy rather than drains you.
- Learn more about Trevor’s ‘Energy Audit’ and actionable steps of how to implement it.
- Trevor and Carrot’s preparation for the downturn, and how they like to give back.
[bctt tweet=”I would encourage everyone to take out a piece of paper and write down your non-negotiables. — @tmauch” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Trevor Mauch
Trevor is the CEO of Carrot, one of the nation’s fastest-growing companies, according to Inc Magazine. They have helped the nation’s top real estate investors and agents pull in over 3million online leads in just 5 years, closing thousands of deals with their software and training. Trevor lives in Roseburg, Oregon with his wife and 3 kids, and is passionate about using business to fuel your passion and to amplify the impact you want to make in the world. Part of the impact he’s passionate about making is helping entrepreneurs unleash that entrepreneurial dream of finally unlocking that FREEDOM, FLEXIBILITY, FINANCES, and IMPACT that you’ve dreamed of but haven’t been able to fully make happen.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: