Systems are a key piece in scaling your operation, but establishing and implementing them requires some time on the frontend. Today’s guest, Melissa Johnson, knows the power of systems and processes, and she is here to share how they have helped her flip over 1000 units while raising five children!
Our gracious sponsor:
Gene Trowbridge and Jonathan Nieh, founding partners of the top syndication firm Trowbridge Law Group LLP have a legal team with over 50 years of combined experience in real estate syndication and the practice of real estate securities law. Over this time Gene and his partners, in several past firms and currently, have helped clients raise close to $5.0 billion dollars in offerings by empowering entrepreneurs to raise capital legally. To learn more about Trowbridge Law Group LLP, visit our website at www.trowbridgelawgroup.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
We get to know Melissa, where we hear more about her real estate investing business and how she grew it from a part-time income to a fully-fledged operation. She also sheds light on some of the key systems in her company, including how she approaches follow-ups, getting wholesale deals through quickly, and keeping track of marketing. Along with this, Melissa touches on the other piece of effective systems—delegating—where she gives her top tips on how she does this well. She discusses the importance of seeing where your time is being spent and then how to find the right people for the roles you need to fill. Closing the show, Melissa shares how she uses systems and delegating to manage her life outside of her business. To hear more, tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Hear more about Melissa’s real estate investing background.
- How the transition to a full-time flipping business highlighted the importance of systems for Melissa.
- An example of a follow-up system Melissa has in place in her business.
- Learn more about Melissa’s wholesaling system that helps her push deals through quickly.
- The role that systems play in transitioning teams.
- Hear about the simple way Melissa manages and stores her system details.
- Melissa’s marketing system and how she keeps track of all the moving parts.
- The importance of delegating and how it ties to effective systems.
- Melissa’s tips for beginning delegation and fitting the right fit in your team.
- Putting systems in place takes time on the frontend, but it’s worth it overall.
- A recent business improvement, the biggest contributor to Melissa’s success, and giving back.
- How Melissa delegates her personal responsibilities to make things more manageable.
[bctt tweet=”When you got all that systems in place, it’s a lot easier to plug a person into that and not have to spend so much time explaining everything when it’s already there. — Melissa Johnson” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Melissa Johnson
Melissa Johnson has been flipping houses in San Antonio, TX since 2003, growing and expanding the business into a thriving real estate investment operation. With over 1000 houses flipped, she has also built a portfolio of rental properties and real estate notes while raising five children. She provides coaching, support, and education for other high-level real estate investors nationwide. As co-founder of the San Antonio InvestHer meet up group and an active member of the Forbes Council on Real Estate, and the National Association of Women Business Owners, she is dedicated to the success and empowerment of women in business.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: