Although the real estate business has an obvious focus on money and profits, these are not the only thing that investors can gain through working in syndication. Our guest today, Trevor West, explains how his foray into investing has provided him with opportunities to learn, grow, and form meaningful relationships, things he values even more highly than his finances. In our conversation, we get to hear from Trevor about his time in the Air Force, the lessons he brought forward with him, and why the real estate world was so attractive.
Our gracious sponsor:
A Cost Segregation Study typically generates accelerated depreciation deductions ranging from 15% – 45%; Whether Commercial Real Estate was acquired, built-new, or renovated over the past 15-years, a Cost Segregation Study can still be performed…and there’s no amending of past tax-returns required; All Cost Segregation Providers are NOT created equal…if your Provider does NOT have a Certified Cost Segregation Professional (CCSP) on-staff, then you’re at higher risk of a failed IRS audit; There are ONLY (43) Certified Cost Segregation Professionals (CCSPs) in the entire United States…(8) CCSPs are employed by Bedford. Visit www.bedfordteam.com
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
He speaks about the vital role of management in any real estate success and we also get the inside scoop on how he communicates with potential investors and partners. Trevor underlines the importance of a positive attitude, team mentality, and small daily practices that can move the needle. For a great conversation with an inspiring and energetic member of the community of syndicators, be sure to join us on the show today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Trevor’s background, time in the Air Force, and how he found himself in the real estate game.
- The first deal that Trevor made and the learning that was required early on.
- The jump that Trevor made into syndication and why it suits his personality.
- Extreme self-discipline and ways that Trevor approaches going all-in.
- The two small practices that have helped Trevor keep moving forward!
- Why being taken seriously has been the hardest part of Trevor’s real estate journey.
- The recent business improvement that Trevor has made — team mentality.
- How Trevor goes about meeting investors at this time.
- The conversations that Trevor has with acquaintances about real estate opportunities.
- How a positive attitude has contributed hugely to Trevor’s success.
- The ways in which Trevor likes to give back — investor education!
- Where to find and connect with Trevor and his company, Hyve.
[bctt tweet=”Money is not the cause, it’s the result and it’s a tool that can promote a certain type of lifestyle, not just for yourself and family but for others around you. — Trevor West” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Trevor West
Trevor West is a former Air Force Intelligence analyst who made the switch to real estate after learning how much control he actually had over his own life but wasn’t tapping into. After a sudden mindset shift, he used many of the principles and disciplines learned from the military to begin acquiring real estate. As a full-time real estate agent and investor, Trevor’s time is devoted to real estate and he has acquired nine multifamily units in less than a year. Leading into 2021, Trevor plans to acquire his first apartment complex through positivity, partnership, and a desire to create a life worth leading.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: