When you are designing your website, you want to be conscious of branding, colors, flow, and customer experience. Not a design expert? Not to worry, there are people out there who have the skillset and expertise to help you maximize website performance and marketing efficiency.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Today’s guest is Joey Kilrain. He has 15 years of experience in developing enterprise products, including research, visual design, and development. He leads projects from the idea and research through to execution. His research informs visual decisions, which power the processes and protocols to prove ROI. Tuning in today, you will hear Joey share tips and advice on how to register your website domain, different website building platforms and his roadmap idea, as well as his branding tips, perspectives on desktop versus mobile devices, and how to vet a designer. This and much more, so stay tuned and enjoy!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Joey shares more about his background and his goal: don’t put your resources and efforts into the wrong bucket.
- Joey shares some of the challenges you would foresee when you’re getting started.
- His recommendation on what account to register your domain with and why.
- Things to consider in your budget, like your website and what platform to go with.
- The different website building platforms, and what to consider: WordPress versus Wix.
- Joey talks through his ‘roadmap’ idea.
- Some branding tips on choosing colors, messaging titles, and considering device type.
- Desktop versus phone: heavy lifting for realtors, phones for customers.
- Hear about experience consistency: voice, email branding, content, and social presence.
- How to keep the expense low but the website performing and your marketing efficient.
- How to ask the right questions when vetting designers: credibility and LinkedIn.
- The hardest part of doing design well for people in real estate: managing expectations.
- How the pandemic affected Joey’s business and what he’s done to counter it by tripling his efforts on LinkedIn and social media.
- Daily habits that have helped Joey achieve success: a flexible but consistent morning routine.
- Hear about an article Joey is writing about the four phases of COVID-19.
- The number one thing that has contributed to his success: regaining his mental health.
- How Joey likes to give back through education and working with the Goldman Sachs Program
[bctt tweet=”If people are coming to your site looking for listings, have a big button that says, ‘listings here’, or even in actions that let them start seeing what properties you have available right away. Don’t make them look for that content. Bring that up to the top. — @kilrain” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Joey Kilrain
Joey Kilrain has over fifteen years of experience working on enterprise platforms. He leads projects from ideation and research through execution. His is research informs visual decisions and his processes and protocols prove ROIs. In addition, Joey has been a professor for most of his career. He leverages his noted skills to lead and educate classrooms and teams alike.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: