Fear of action and analysis-paralysis can be deadly to the success of any real estate venture. Tim Ryan joins us on the show today to talk about the key to entrepreneurialism and how taking courageous action is necessary in order to reap the rewards of an investment. We get to hear about Tim’s journey into the real estate space, how the 2008 economic crash influenced this path, and the first steps he made into property.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
He tells us about why he chose to invest out of state and what led to his forays into certain markets before we turn to the topic of taking assertive action. Tim explains that his father’s attitude towards failure, preparation, and learning is what has shaped his ideas today, which are reflected in his business philosophy too. We also discuss the importance of building a strong team to take care of the different aspects of real estate, with Tim underlining the value of setting up strong property management systems. From there, Tim shares some thoughts on making the most of his time, staying focussed, and much more, so be sure to listen in with us!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Tim’s background, his current business setup, and the properties he owns.
- How the downturn in 2008 led Tim into this line of business.
- The early deals that Tim was involved in; the markets he chose to focus on from the start.
- Tim’s experience of pulling the trigger on a great opportunity in Chattanooga.
- How Tim’s dad helped him build the confidence that is necessary for bigger deals.
- Advice on finding the right people and resources to keep you moving forward.
- Tim’s approach to growth markets and the motivation for entering the states he identified.
- Researching different markets and keeping track of the meaningful indicators for real estate.
- Getting past the fear of investing out of state; setting up property management and networking.
- Early hires and first steps in setting up the property management side of things.
- Time constraints that Tim has experienced in his real estate journey.
- Reasons for Tim’s belief in apartments and mixed-use investments in recession-proofing his portfolio.
- Tim’s predictions for the real estate market over the next year!
- The daily habit around singular focus that has helped Tim succeed.
- How Tim approaches meeting new investors and how this has changed during the pandemic.
- Why Tim’s decision to look further afield has impacted his business so positively.
- Ways in which Tim likes to give back by helping local businesses.
[bctt tweet=”In 2008, I found myself twiddling my thumbs and it was not a good year for construction. It was at that time I realized I’ve got to do something for my future. — Tim Ryan” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Tim Ryan
Tim is an entrepreneur who is active in construction, being the President of Tim Ryan Construction, Inc and a real estate investor, as the President of HSS Investment Properties, LLC. Whether it’s building business, building spaces for people to live and work, or building people up to realize their full potential, Tim has centered his life around being a builder. Tim’s real estate business strategy is focused around US emerging market investing. These are locations poised for growth due to a large number of new jobs coming to the region. Tim and his investors have been very successful with investments in Tennessee, Georgia, and Wisconsin, all while living in Los Angeles, CA. The “HSS” of the company name stands for Hannah, Sam, Shane which are Tim and Angela’s three grown children. The purpose of building a real estate business for them was to build a lasting legacy for generations to come. HSS partners with private investors and provides them the opportunity to also build a legacy of wealth for their families.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: