There is always an opportunity to grow when you know how to find it or even create it. In this episode, we speak to Sumeet Makhijani and he talks about his journey from being a professional to investing in real estate. Sumeet details how he saw an opportunity to make money through the industry.
Our gracious sponsor:
Wondering how to build trust between you and your investors? The InvestNext Investor Portal houses everything you need to raise capital online, deliver professional reporting, process distributions, and more. When booking a demo at https://www.investnext.com/ enter promo code “Whitney” for 15% off your first 3 months.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Sumeet juggled medical school and later on his professional practice as a plastic surgeon while investing in real estate. Sumeet shares the journey is not easy but it is possible with proper time management. He says in this industry, it is important to be out there and talk to people. He adds building a good relationship with brokers will help you to scale up your business. Whether you are an inexperienced investor or an established player, this show is loaded with tips to give you a competitive edge. Click the play button now!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Sumeet talks about his journey from being a physician to investing in real estate.
- How did Sumeet manage to finish medical school and at the same time invest in real estate?
- Sumeet details how he and his partner were able to purchase four mobile home parks in eight months, three through syndication.
- How did Sumeet get into the syndication business?
- How does Sumeet plan to expand his real estate business?
- Sumeet shares how he and his partner knew it was time to start their fund.
- Sumeet elaborates on how they structure their funds.
- How does Sumeet prepare for a downturn when purchasing a mobile home park?
- Sumeet’s predictions in the mobile home parks business over the next six to twelve months.
- The daily habits that helped Sumeet achieve success – focusing on faith, family, fitness, and work.
- Sumeet’s best source for meeting new investors right now.
- The number one thing that contributed to Sumeet’s success.
- How does Sumeet like to give back?
“I always tell people, you have to be in the game to be in the game.” [0:08:50]
“We have a healthy reserve at all time…you’re always available with funds to improve things or fix things you might not have caught earlier” [0”15:41]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Sumeet Makhijani
Born and raised in Chattanooga , Tennessee, Sumeet became a plastic surgeon before starting in commercial real estate as a passive investor. He then transitioned to active investing about five years ago all while working full time. He and his partner founded East Living Communities to acquire and operate mobile home parks.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: