How do you juggle a full-time job and being a real estate entrepreneur? In this episode, we hear the story of Seth Teagle of The Stream Group who still works as a Lieutenant-Paramedic in the fire service while running his commercial real estate company.
Our Gracious Sponsors
The Next Big Thing: Presented by The Rueth Team
Happening on January 20-21 is Denver’s biggest real estate event.
The Next Big Thing is shaking up how Real Estate professionals will define business success.
This two-day event will be far from typical. While our past may have shaped us, it is time to define the future. This energy-rich, content-driven event will introduce the biggest drivers shaping the industry, and instill how to harness the next big thing to catapult your own business. The Keynote speaker is Ryan Serhant plus 25 speakers!
Register now at thenextbigthingcolorado.com and use the code RESS for a $150 discount! #tnbtco #thenextbigthingco
How do you make sure that you are investing with a “good” operator? Dan Handford and his wife are currently invested in 54 different passive real estate syndications with 16 different operators in 10,000+ doors. They use this exact list when deciding whether or not to invest with a particular group. Get access to the “7 Red Flags for Passive Real Estate Investing” to be confident in your next investment! https://www.passiveinvesting.com/redflags/
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Seth starts off by sharing how he got into the real estate industry. He talks about how crucial time management is to be able to juggle his work in the fire service and run his business successfully. He also emphasizes the importance of building a strong team, creating effective partnerships, and knowing your market fully. Click the play button now and enjoy the show!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Seth talks about how he got into the real estate industry while still serving as a Lieutenant-Paramedic in the fire service.
- Seth shares his first exposure in real estate was through flipping houses but he later realized he had to focus on multifamily.
- The challenges Seth faces as he juggles running his multifamily commercial real estate business and working as a paramedic-firefighter.
- How finding the right team can help you accomplish your goals?
- Seth shares what asset type his company is focused on right now.
- How did Seth integrate a management and construction company?
- Seth talks about how finding the right partner helped him and his business grow tremendously and closed 2,000 doors.
- Seth’s advice on how to build a team that can help you scale your business fast.
- Seth details the structure of his management and construction companies.
- What are the key components of selecting a sponsor to invest or partner with?
- How important it is to build a strong relationship with the brokers?
- The daily habits that helped Seth achieve success.
- Seth’s best source of new investors right now.
- How do Seth and his team prepare for a possible downturn?
“I think the biggest thing (challenge) is time management – balancing family, your career, and this (real estate).” [0:04:09]
“I would just say that really understand where you want to go, how quickly you wanna get there. For me, I wanted to go quickly so it (building a team) made sense. And then, try to understand the core of the person that you’re getting involved with. You know, do you have the same ethics? Do you have the same morals? Do you believe in the same business practices?” [0:09:45]
“I think that, at least on the model that I took early on, was not going wide and going over all over the country, but going really deep in my market. Somebody listening, “I wanted to get into that market.” That’s been huge for our growth is that we’ve partnered with guys that are out of state that wanna come into this ’cause Columbus is a great market. Or maybe they wanna go to Cleveland, they wanna go to Cincinnati. Any of those markets, we have the ability to touch those pretty easily.” [0:17:09]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Seth Teagle
Seth is a multifamily real estate investor operating in Columbus, Ohio. Seth is the Principal and director of operations at Stream Group. The Stream Group is a vertically integrated real estate company that has a large portfolio both in Ohio and various other states. Seth has a well-established professional network in and around Columbus. These working relationships include a large network of project managers, general contractors, and material vendors; all important resources for value-add real estate investments in Central Ohio. Seth is also still working as a Lieutenant-Paramedic with 21 years in the fire service.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: