Creating a business model that works for you and your goals is as important as starting your business. In this episode, David Robinson speaks to Isaac Bennett, founder of YouAre: A People Brand. Isaac details how he structured his business and elaborates the five companies under the brand: YouAre Well, YouAre Home, YouAre Abundant, YouAre Secure, and YouAre Good.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Isaac emphasizes that clarity and approaching the market with it is crucial in running a business. He also talks about the alternative assets of syndication that they invest in and how giving options to investors is a big thing. Click the play button now and learn about this unique business model!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Isaac shares his background – his business and what they do.
- What are the challenges and opportunities in structuring a brand with multiple businesses underneath that brand?
- Isaac breaks down the different businesses under the YouAre brand and what they focus on.
- Isaac talks about the company he handles, YouAre Abundant, which focuses on alternative assets of syndication.
- The assets that Isaac and his company have invested in – resort property, music royalties, mobile home parks, oil and gas, and real estate.
- The focus of Isaac’s business – raising money and managing investors.
- Isaac describes what an investor could expect if they were working with him and his company, and how that relationship with operators and other markets and other asset classes were.
- Isaac’s plan for the business moving forward.
- Face-to-face communication with investors is crucial in your business.
- Isaac’s advice to investors: establish a personal connection and know your operator well.
- How did Isaac choose operators to partner with?
- Isaac elaborates on their plan for their brand YouAre.
- The daily habits that helped Isaac achieve success.
“So what I found is that we really didn’t have a desire to go into business just for the sake of building our own little kingdom. We really wanted to help impact the world and help light other people’s entrepreneurial spirits on fire.” [0:01:35]
“I think that the premise here is building a brand which is symbiotic in nature and can create a fly will effect. But when you’re just starting, everyone says, “Well, we don’t know what you do.” The reality is, is that it takes a little bit more than three seconds to explain that there are multiple businesses under this brand. That is definitely the challenge that we see most.” [0:03:04]
“I think that what we found is that we probably aren’t operators. And I say that kind of tongue-in-cheek because we’ve done probably 25 deals that we’re the GP and/or the primary syndicators and technically are operating. So, it took me a little while to figure that out. But when I talk about these different asset classes that we’re doing, I think it’s important for the audience to recognize that we’re actually structuring our business around the idea of doing one thing and doing it well.” [0:07:26]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Isaac Bennett
Isaac Bennett is the founder of YouAre: A People Brand. He previously served as Vice President of Sales for Morton Industries. He has an extensive background in international Real Estate, equity, and alternative asset investments. He has traveled to over 50 countries, having done business in over 100. He loves baseball, music, and spending time with his wife, Blake. He volunteers as the Director of Finance for Church 2:14 in Peoria, IL.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: