Do you really have to deal with the stress and the hassle of managing your rental properties? Many experienced multifamily operators and even small rental property owners agree that working with a good property management company is the best option. The sooner you hire a dependable, reliable property manager, the more benefits you’ll enjoy from their service.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Our guest today, Alex Rogers, talks about property management companies and how owners and operators can benefit from property managers’ experience and professionalism. Alex highlights the advantages of hiring a property manager even in the early stage of the buying process. If you’re an operator or a rental property owner still on the fence about hiring a property management company, listen now and gain valuable insights and tips on hiring and working with property managers. Go on and hit the play button now.
Key Points From This Episode:
- How Alex started in the real estate business fresh out of college.
- Alex’s company now syndicates multifamily properties and offers construction, asset, and property management services.
- Would Alex recommend self-managing rental properties?
- Why Alex started offering property management services to other companies?
- Alex’s advice to owners and operators looking for a third-party property management company.
- How property managers can help buyers and operators in the different stages of the buying process.
- The communication pace and process with a property manager that Alex recommends.
- The difference between property management versus asset management.
- With the benefit of hindsight, what would Alex’s advice be to his younger self?
- Alex’s predictions on the real estate market for the next six to twelve months and how he prepares for a potential downturn.
- How Alex finds new investors and the most important metrics that he tracks.
- Daily habits that contribute to Alex’s success, his way of giving back, and his contact details.
“All too often, we hear operators reaching out to property management companies after they have a deal under contract, or shortly before they close, which is a recipe for disaster.”
“Property managers can be your resource to make sure your underwriting is in the realm of reality.”
“There’d be a number of great opportunities for the prudent operator.”
“If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re probably in the wrong room.”
“Continue to want to grow, learn more, learn something new every day.”
“Just keep growing and surround yourself with people that are smarter than you.”
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Alex Rogers
The principal of Gray Duck Companies, Alex Rogers studied economics and finance at the University of Minnesota – Duluth. Along with a longtime business partner, Frank Rush, Alex began building a portfolio of real estate assets in the northern Minnesota market and soon expanded into multi-market investments. He has also received his Master of Science degree in Real Estate and the Built Environment from the University of Denver. Alex is a CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) and ARGUS Enterprise Certified Professional.
Alex has experience as an adjunct professor at the University of Denver- the Daniels College of Business where he taught graduate students real estate financial analysis and has been published in the Colorado Real Estate Journal and Minnesota Real Estate Journal.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: