Most people in the real estate space have started in a different field or a different career before they took the chance in the industry. Our guest today, Levi Allen of Wealth Creation Asset Management talks about how he went from growing in a cattle farm and now syndicating large commercial real estate projects.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Levi starts by talking about the importance of building a relationship with brokers, getting to know them, and proving that you can perform. He then also discusses the ways you can be creative on deal sourcing, the dos and don’ts of getting a third-party underwriter, and how he finds deals nowadays. Tune in now and be inspired by Levi’s journey!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Levi shares that he grew up on a farm, worked at a young age, lived in Peru, and went back to the US, then got into real estate.
- Levi’s portfolio today.
- How does Levi become creative on deal sourcing?
- What is your option if you’re not going to go the mentorship route?
- How did Levi’s cattle farm business prepare him to venture into the commercial real estate business?
- Levi talks about his first two deals.
- Levi discusses getting a third-party underwriter.
- Where does Levi find opportunities in the real estate industry?
- How does Levi prepare for a downturn?
- Levi talks about choosing the recourse route.
- Levi’s best source for meeting new investors right now is referrals.
- What are some of the important metrics that Levi tracks?
- The importance of having the continuous desire to learn more.
- The number one thing that contributed to Levi’s success.
- How does Levi like to give back?
“You just gotta go out with the brokers, go on tours, get to know them better, let them know that you can perform.”
“If you’re not gonna go the mentorship route, you’re gonna need a partner that will push you through the fear.”
“I kinda wanted to prove on my own that I can do this business.”
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Levi Allen
Levi is the Principal of Wealth Creation Asset Management, a real estate investment company that acquires residential multi-family properties. He attended BYU- Idaho with Business Major. He acquired his first piece of Real Estate in 2012, got his Utah Real Estate License in 2018, and has since focused on multifamily investment acquisitions and management.
Levi has owned as a principal and asset managed over 500 units. He has sold 3 deals within the past 6 months and oversees 397 units.
Apart from multifamily, the Allen Family owns over 13,000 acres of farm and ranchland in eastern Oregon. Allen Farms Inc. is still owned and operated by the Allen Family.
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: