Staying out of your box and doing what’s necessary could help you achieve the ultimate goal of financial freedom. Today’s guest, Caleb Johnson, shares his journey of Multi-level Marketing (MLM), what pushed him to transition into real estate and his philosophy on acquiring properties and getting his first capital raise.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
He discussed how his experience in MLM helped him develop essential skills like networking, communication, and overcoming rejection, how he eventually found his niche in real estate, and the challenges of finding effective property management partners. Tune in now and discover how his changed philosophy pursued more extensive offerings for him!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Caleb shared what sparked his interest in real estate and what brought him to where he is today.
- The first business that led him to real estate.
- The skills that Caleb learned from Multi-level Marketing (MLM) that benefit him in real estate.
- The process Caleb went through to learn about real estate.
- Why does Caleb recommend self-managing a house hack as he did?
- Two things that changed Caleb’s perspective.
- How did Caleb get his first capital raise?
- Caleb’s philosophy on acquiring properties.
- How did Caleb find effective property management partners for his properties?
“The point of the business is to network with others. And so it was such an amazing opportunity for me to develop speaking skills and really be open to talk to anybody.” – Caleb Johnson
“It’s so important to do what makes you uncomfortable because usually on the other side of that, there’s going to be a great reward.” – Caleb Johnson
“A lot of people, whenever you’re doing your first capital raise, they either want to see you have some success, they want you to go full cycle on one deal before they consider investing with you or they just want to see your career.” – Caleb Johnson
“There’s so many people that get into this space [real estate] because it is so lucrative that when they fail, and it does take time, it is challenging to get into when they don’t get the success that they want, they bail. And so how do they know that you or I aren’t that person.” – Caleb Johnson
“Cash flow and financial freedom is more possible through residential, and that’s a great tool for that. But if you want to get wealth, then commercial is really where you need to go.” – Caleb Johnson
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Caleb Johnson
Caleb Johnson has been an entrepreneur since the age of 18. He joined NK Development Group in 2021, where he aided in capital and acquisition, growing the company to over 450 units in two years. In 2022, Caleb founded Red Sea Capital. His mission is to be a faith-based professional committed to investors and building relationships.
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: