In this episode, Whitney interviews James Kandassamy, Principal, Achieve Investment Group. James reveals some great Tips that can help syndicators increase operational efficiencies and unlock hidden value. Which are the FIVE most important factors that can help push up the ROI of a syndicated deal? What is the modus operandi for fixing properties in order to drive up rental rates and property values? We also discuss the rationale behind managing your own properties. Tune in now!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Whitney introduces James to listeners
- 01:15 – How did James transition to the syndication business?
- 03:20 – James shares how a structured daily routine has contributed greatly to his success
- 04:31 – A supportive life partner can help you find success in business
- 05:10 – The importance of a good contractor base cannot be understated
- 05:55 – Reasons why multifamily units are a better investment than single family homes
- 07:05 – Five factors that can help you increase the value and push up ROI’s of your multifamily investments
- 09:53 – How to leverage skills and capital to generate greater profits from the syndication business
- 11:46 – James shares details of his recent deal where he bought out 460 units for 30 million dollars
- 12:59 – Should a syndicator consider investing in Class B properties right now?
- 13:20 – Learn how fixing properties can help you bump up rental rates and increase property value
- 14:37 – Problems that James is facing with property rehab
- 15:55 – Are property management companies prone to faking online reviews?
- 17:56 – James insists on showing the property to tenants before they move in
- 19:40 – Should a syndicator consider managing his own properties?
- 20:41 – How did James investors react to him managing his own properties?
- 21:45 – James advice for single family investors who wish to transition to the multi-family market?
- 22:53 – What is the #1 factor that has contributed to James success?
- 23:22 – What is the number 1 reason that most real estate syndicators fail?
- [spp-timestamp time=”24:31″] – James shares his contact information
- [spp-timestamp time=”26:12″] – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- The ART of raising capital for your first syndicated deal
- Modus Operandi for fixing and flipping properties
- How to evaluate a deal by accurately estimating cash flow