In this episode, Whitney interviews Devin Elder, Principal, DJE Texas Management Group. Devin shares his business philosophies that has helped him syndicate 778 properties in Central Texas. Why does Devin prefer to invest in properties with a good cash flow? What is a recommended course of action for inexperienced syndicators who wish to learn the ropes of the business? We also share how you can find and build a fruitful relationship with an experienced mentor. Tune in to this information packed show now!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Whitney introduces Devin to listeners
- 01:14 – Tired of the rat race, Devin transitions to real estate syndication
- 04:21 – Being in the syndication business can help you achieve good work-life balance
- 07:38 – Devin prefers to invest in properties with good cash flow
- 09:09 – Increasing YOY cost of living expenses means that you need to continuously grow your income too
- 09:55 – Partnering with experienced folks in bigger units is Devin’s recommended course of action
- 12:19 – Discussing the different business models in real estate, and why syndication remains his favorite one
- 16:30 – Resources that can help syndicators brush up their education
- 17:40 – Start off as a passive investor in the syndication business is a good way of getting your feet wet
- 18:20 – Becoming a general partner will help your get a greater feel of the syndication business
- 19:35 – How multifamily investments differ from single family investments
- 20:50 – Ultimate success formula for real estate syndicators
- 22:06 – How to scout out and pick a good mentor for your syndication business
- 24:28 – Top reasons why real estate syndicators fail
- 25:12 – Is the current uptrend in real estate likely to continue?
- 26:45 – How has Devin improved his syndication business?
- [spp-timestamp time=”28:12″] – Devin shares his contact information
- [spp-timestamp time=”29:03″] – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- The many benefits of investing in real estate properties with good cash flow
- How to find and build a relationship with a mentor
- Why syndication remains the favored business model in real estate investing