In this episode, Whitney interviews Paul Moore, Founder and Managing Director, Wellings Capital and host of the popular podcast, How to Lose Money. Paul has some great Tips for syndicators who are finding it difficult to discover value add opportunities in this liquidity fueled market. You will learn how upgrading property amenities can translate into extremely attractive returns. Why does Paul prefer investing in self-storage facilities over multifamily properties? What are some of the biggest mistakes that syndicators made in the last downturn? This show is filled with some great information that will surely help you and your business. Tune in now!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Whitney introduces Paul to listeners
- 01:21 – How did Paul transition to real estate syndication?
- 04:05 – Why did Paul to opt for syndication over fixing and flipping?
- 05:46 – Paul states why he chose to hire a mentor
- 07:07 – Important to choose a mentor who is sincerely interested in your success
- 08:01 – Paul states why current market conditions have forced him to consider investing in self-storage
- 09:00 – What advice does Warren Buffett have for real estate investors?
- 10:09 – Paul shares how he managed to add 10% to the bottom line by fixing leaks on his last syndication deal
- 12:36 – Why did Paul choose to let go off the opportunity to invest in a 130 unit property in Knoxville, Tennessee?
- 14:20 – 5 Reasons why syndicators are willing to overpay in current market conditions
- 16:45 – How do investors react to Paul letting so many deals pass by?
- 17:27 – Paul explains why the immense value add opportunities make self-storage such a good investment
- 20:38 – A strong track record over the past four years underlines the fact that syndication is an attractive asset class
- 21:49 – What are some of the mistakes that syndicators made in the last downturn?
- 22:46 – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Paul’s success?
- 24:20 – Paul shares his contact information
In this episode, you will learn:
- Reasons why investing in self-storage facilities is more attractive than even multi family syndication
- Why a no deal is better than a bad deal
- 5 Reasons why syndicators are willing to overpay in current market conditions
- The Perfect Investment
- How to Lose Money
- Wellings Capital
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital