In this episode, Whitney interviews Lane Kawaoka, Principal, Simple Passive Cash Flow Investments. Lane reveals some little known nuances of real estate syndication that will surely help inexperienced as well as established players. What are the various benefits of a non-recourse loan? What are some Tips and Tricks for evaluating a real estate sponsor? And, how do you correctly underwrite a syndication deal? Lane gives us a “peek” into his methodology which has held him in good stead over the year. Tune in for some great nuggets!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:33 – Whitney introduces Lane to listeners
- 01:30 – How did Lane transition to the syndication business?
- 02:28 – The many advantages of investing in multi-family units over single family units
- 04:30 – Investing in syndicated properties allows access to finance and risk mitigation
- 06:10 – Lane simplifies the concept of non-recourse loan for listeners; does a non-recourse loan reduce your personal liability?
- 08:22 – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Lane’s success?
- 09:42 – Lane enjoys coaching and has some great resources on his site
- 10:34 – How can you benefit from Lane’s coaching?
- 12:15 – Lane’s tips for folks who wish to get started off in the syndication business
- 13:35 – What are some of the common mistakes that syndicators make?
- 15:52 – As a responsible syndicator, it is important to place your investors first
- 17:20 – What is Lane’s current business focus?
- 18:25 – How can you tell apart a good sponsor?
- 19:38 – How to correctly write a syndication deal
- 20:59 – Lane explains the nuances of his underwriting process
- 22:32 – What is the biggest mistake that syndicators make while underwriting a deal?
- 23:36 – How does Lane constantly strive to improve his business?
- 24:13 – Does Lane use any CRM to manage his data?
- 24:42 – Lane shares his contact information
- [spp-timestamp time=”25:10″] – Share, Subscribe and Review the Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- [spp-timestamp time=”25:21″] – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- How investing in syndication deals opens up access to finance and results in risk mitigation
- The ART of writing a good syndication deal
- How to kick start your syndication business