Listen to the podcast here:
In this episode, Whitney interviews Joe Cromwell, real estate agent and syndicator, Realty One Stop. Joe shares some great Tips and Tricks for effectively communicating with real estate agents – so that they treat you with the seriousness and respect that you deserve.
Why did Joe decide to become a real estate agent? Are there any disadvantages to becoming a real estate agent and investor at the same time? You will learn some common mistakes that syndicators make when communicating with real estate agents. For all this and much more, tune in now!
Our Gracious Sponsors:
Make sure to be at Joe Fairless’s Best Ever Conference, February 22-23, 2019. Use code: #WHITNEY for 10% OFF!!!
Multifamily Investor Nation Investor Summit January 17-19, 2019 – 3 full days of content from over 50 expert speakers! Use code: WHITNEY for $100 OFF the FULL ACCESS PASS tickets!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:28 – Whitney introduces Joe to listeners
- 02:51 – How did Joe’s first duplex investment pan out?
- 04:44 – How has Joe managed to scale up to 14 units in his 2nd year of real estate investing?
- 05:33 – Financing strategies that have helped Joe scale up to 14 units in his 2nd year
- 06:40 – Reasons why Joe is planning on transitioning to real estate syndication
- [spp-timestamp time=”07:34″] – Joe Fairless’s 2019 Best Ever Conference is coming up in Denver this February
- 08:36 – Resources that Joe is using to educate himself
- 09:28 – How highlighting your track record can help you find buy-in with HNI’s
- 11:00 – Can you venture into multifamily syndication from the get go?
- 12:09 – When and why did Joe decide to become a real estate agent?
- 13:14 – Are there any disadvantages to being an agent and investor at the same time?
- 14:08 – What kind of properties is Joe selling as a real estate agent?
- 15:02 – Common mistakes that syndicators make when communicating with brokers when scouting deals
- 16:18 – Importance of clearly communicating with your real estate agent
- 17:51 – Why does Joe prefer prospective buyers furnish “proof of funds”?
- 19:25 – Reasons why Joe prefers to syndicate larger properties
- 21:03 – What advice does Joe have for inexperienced syndicators?
- 22:33 – Joe shares his contact information
- [spp-timestamp time=”23:06″] – Share, Review and Subscribe to the Real Estate Syndication Show
- [spp-timestamp time=”23:20″] – Be a part of the Multifamily Investor Nation Summit coming up from January 17-19
- [spp-timestamp time=”24:11″] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- The ART of finding and networking with HNI’s who can potentially invest in your project
- How to clearly communicate with real estate brokers and have them treat you with seriousness and respect
- Reasons why you should furnish “proof of funds” when dealing with real estate brokers