In this episode, Whitney interviews Gene Trowbridge, Managing Partner, Attorney and Real Estate Broker, Trowbridge Sidoti LLP. Gene has some expert tips for syndicators who wish to reach out to potential investors on social media without flouting any laws.
You will learn about the important Do’s and Don’ts that you need to follow for posting content on social media. Can syndicators share details about your past and current deals with new prospects? How do you get new investors on board for a 506 B offering? We reveal how cultivating a “substantial pre-existing” relationship can allow you to do so. You will also learn the importance of immaculate record keeping. Tune in for some detailed insights!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:20 – Whitney introduces Gene to listeners
- 01:07 – Gene shares his background information, and reveals how he transitioned to the syndication business
- 02:03 – Why did Gene start practicing law at the age of 45?
- 03:58 – Are there legal restrictions on what syndicators can and cannot post on social mediums?
- 04:35 – As a syndicator, are you allowed to make exempt offerings?
- 04:45 – Can you solicit investors in a 506 B offering?
- 06:35 – Are you allowed to get new investors via referrals if you are running a 506 B offering?
- 07:01 – Gene explains how a “substantial pre-existing” relationship can allow you to get new investors on board in a 506 B offering
- 10:06 – Does the SEC allow syndicators to share details of your past deals with new prospects on social media?
- 11:04 – Can you put up generic social media posts on Facebook?
- 11:55 – How immaculate record keeping is a must to prove a preexisting relationship with an investor?
- 13:00 – Do’s and Dont’s for posting content to social media
- 13:40 – How using an opt in form can allow you to automate your record keeping and comply with SEC rules
- 17:20 – Would sharing numbers about you last deal on social media be considered an advertisement?
- 19:13 – Can you push out a blog post that contains specifics of your last deal?
- 21:03 – Legal ways of reaching out to people without getting in trouble with the SEC
- 23:59 – Gene shares his contact information
- 24:53 – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [spp-timestamp time=”25:03″] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
Attorney and Real Estate Broker, Gene Trowbridge, shares expert tips for syndicators who wish to reach out to potential investors without flouting any laws. In this episode, you will learn:
- The Do’s and Dont’s that syndicators need to follow while posting on social media
- How to cultivate a legal “Substantial pre-existing” relationship with investors for your 506 B offering
- How to automate record keeping so that you can prove your substantial pre-existing relationship with investors
- The ART of reaching out to people without getting in trouble with the SEC
- Gene’s Email
- Gene’s Phone
- Raising Money Summit
- Crowdfunding Lawyers
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital