Listen to the podcast here:
Brian Hennessey, a real estate investor and broker with more than 30 years of experience REVEALS some nuanced insights which will enable syndicators to better conduct due diligence of large real estate properties.
What are some common mistakes that syndicators make while conducting their due diligence? How do you accurately track conversations with stakeholders in the syndication process? This show is loaded with immense value – especially for first-time investors who are uncertain how they can evaluate a syndication deal. Tune in for some great insights!
Our Gracious Sponsors:
Make sure to be at Joe Fairless’s Best Ever Conference, February 22-23, 2019. Use code: #WHITNEY for 10% OFF!!!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Whitney introduces Brian to listeners
- 01:32 – How did Brian transition into the syndication business?
- 03:40 – A humiliating experience on his first deal makes Brian realize the importance of proper due diligence
- 05:22 – Brian creates a reference manual in order to streamline his acquisition process
- 06:09 – How did Brian manage to hold on to 350,000 square feet of office space that he purchased in 2007 just before the subprime crisis?
- 08:43 – Importance of educating yourself for conducting a thorough due diligence
- 09:19 – How a proper due diligence gave Brian the confidence to acquire real estate portfolios to the tune of millions of dollars
- 10:25 – Common mistakes that syndicators make while conducting due diligence
- 13:55 – Brian shares how his reference manual morphed into a New York bestseller
- 14:28 – How to accurately track conversations with stakeholders in the syndication process
- 17:10 – The need for more inexperienced syndicators to be more aggressive while approaching lenders
- 18:55 – How accurate and conservative underwriting is critical for finding success in the syndication business
- 21:26 – Brian’s advice for inexperienced investors who wish to transition to real estate syndication
- 23:21 – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Brian’s success?
- 25:32 – Brian’s parting advice for syndicators
- 27:00 – Can low interest rates be a permanent phenomenon?
- 27:52 – Get 25% off some in-depth real estate courses
- 29:15 – Brian shares information about his past and current books
- 29:49 – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- [spp-timestamp time=”30:11″] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- How to conduct thorough due diligence while syndicating deals
- How to accurately track conversations with stakeholders in the syndication process
- The ART of conservatively underwriting a real estate deal
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital
- Impact Coaching Systems
- Use Promo Code WS25 to get 25% off on real estate courses
- The Due Diligence Handbook For Commercial Real Estate: A Proven System To Save Time, Money, Headaches And Create Value When Buying Commercial Real Estate
- The Residential Agent’s Handbook for Commercial Real Estate: Create another revenue stream from your current client base and attract new clients by helping with their commercial real estate needs.
- The How To Add Value Handbook For Commercial Real Estate: Generate More Income from Your Investment Property