Although this is a syndication show, syndicating is by no means the only way of entering a deal. For some, the pressure of raising money, constantly liaising with investors, and the time involved, makes syndication unappealing. Not only this, but oftentimes people looking to get started don’t have their own capital to enter into a deal. Our guest today, Gabriel Hamel, has not let his lack of resources stop him from building up a sizable real estate portfolio. In this episode, Gabriel sheds light on how he has used no money down loans and seller-financing to acquire properties.
Our gracious sponsor:
The Real Estate Investing Rocks Digital Summit will be held on March 26-28, 2020. Learn, network and grow with 20+ industry leading experts! To register, click here.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
He walks us through the benefits of this creative financing, both for the seller and the buyer. It gives the buyer freedom to structure the deal in a way that suits them while helping the seller avoid capital gains tax. We also talk about Gabriel’s other passion, which is financial and time freedom. Pursuing real estate investing was never about gaining vast wealth, but rather a means for him to spend time on what he loves. His decisions are informed by how they will affect his time first and foremost. We loved hearing a different perspective on real estate investing, and we know you will too. Tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Learn more about Gabriel’s background and his fascinating journey to financial freedom.
- How Gabriel used no money down loans and seller-financing to acquire homes in his portfolio.
- Find out more about how Gabriel is refinancing his seller-financed deals and buying more.
- Some of the benefits of seller-financing and how Gabriel finds these deals.
- How the seller is protected through a first-position lien and what happens if you default.
- Learn more about Gabriel’s ideas of financial and time freedom and how he’s achieved it.
- Why Gabriel ultimately chose not to syndicate: It’s all about saving time!
- The hardest part of financial freedom, Gabriel’s preparation for the downturn, and more!
[bctt tweet=”Seller financing really is as creative as you and the seller can get. — Gabriel Hamel” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Gabriel Hamel
Gabriel Hamel is a real estate investor whose passion for real estate, business, and financial freedom has helped him to amass a multi-million dollar real estate portfolio consisting of single-family homes, multifamily apartments, commercial real estate, and mobile home parks. From humble beginnings, a book on real estate, and a strong desire for financial freedom, Gabriel set out to find creative ways to start purchasing income-producing investment real estate. Gabriel is a strong advocate of financial literacy through self-education.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: