There is no doubt that the times we find ourselves are extremely challenging, and while it’s easy to focus only on the obstacles, innovative thinking happens in moments of crisis. Using this period to slow down, reflect, and plan for the future is what will set the greats apart. Today’s guest, Brian Dally, is doing just that. In this episode, Brian shares how he and his GROUNDFLOOR team are positioning themselves for the ultimate success.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
He talks about their bullish long-term approach, and why they are sticking to their guns now more than ever. Then, Brian delves into how having diverse sources of capital has ensured that they are still able to do payouts. Not being heavily tied to institutional money has stood them in great stead and will certainly see them come out stronger on the other side. From there, we discuss the various options GROUNDFLOOR is bringing to its partners. People have different risk appetites, which is why they decided to launch a short-term note product which has been greatly successful. By having a broad range of choices for investors, they are very well-positioned. Along with this, we talk about the effects on supply and demand, how GROUNDFLOOR is taking a proactive approach, and the importance of strong company values. Be sure to tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Updates from Brian since his last appearance on the show.
- Some of the current constraints with institutional funding and how it inhibits many deals.
- Why, even during these turbulent times, it’s still a seller’s market.
- How GROUNDFLOOR is still open for business and repaying loans during the pandemic.
- Why getting exposure in the current market excites rather than scares Brian.
- What GROUNDFLOOR is doing to address its loan backlog on the balance sheet.
- Find out how GROUNDFLOOR got to be so well-prepared for this downturn.
- How GROUNDFLOOR is positioning themselves to prepare for the next few months.
- The importance of having a variety of options for investors during this time.
- Why GROUNDFLOOR is sticking with more experienced investors for the time being.
- GROUNDFLOOR’s 8 AM standups, how values have contributed to their success and giving back.
[bctt tweet=”Capital markets have really frozen up during this period and it’s very damaging for anybody who is trying to keep the economy moving or keep their business moving in real estate development or real estate investment. — @brian_dally” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Brian Dally
Brian Dally is the co-founder and CEO of GROUNDFLOOR, a real estate investing and lending platform that opens private capital markets to all. Under his leadership, GROUNDFLOOR became the first and only company qualified by the SEC to offer real estate debt investments via Regulation A that are available to non-accredited investors. Brian’s 15-year career building disruptive technology startups spans stints in Silicon Valley, Boston, London, and the North Carolina Triangle region. Previously, he led the launch of the Republic Wireless to take on the big four cellphone carriers to international acclaim. As a result, millions more Americans can now afford a smartphone. Brian has a JD from Harvard Law School, an MBA from Harvard Business School, and a BA from the University of Virginia.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: