We all want to grow our wealth for various reasons such as supporting our family or leaving a legacy for many generations. While investing is a great way to increase financial riches, when we invest in standard mutual funds, the industries our money goes into may not align with our values. This problem is one, our guest today, Jared Williams, has looked to tackle. As CEO of Biblical Wealth Solutions, Jared helps clients find investments that both speak to their biblical values along with increasing their wealth.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
While we may not all hold Christian values, we can learn something from being driven by our principles when it comes to building our legacy. We kick off this episode by learning more about Jared and what catalyzed his shift into values-based investing. We then learn more about how typical mutual fund structures lead to great wealth reduction over time. Through the advisor fees and the volatility, Jared found that the losses were so significant that he had to do something about it. We then turn our attention to the creative ways that Jared, as an advisor, gets around the fees and helps his clients optimize investments. After this, we touch on teaching children about saving and investing and why it’s essential to start early. Finally, we round the show off by talking about the importance of having cash on hand, how Jared thinks about partnerships, and how he likes to give back. Be sure to tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Learn more about Jared’s background and the work he does with Biblical Wealth Solutions.
- What values-based investing is and how biblical-based investing fits into it.
- Find out what Jared discovered when he looked at how volatility impacts long-term returns.
- Two things Jared found contribute to great wealth reduction when investing in mutual funds.
- The significant contribution that fees play in reducing wealth and how to overcome this.
- How Jared changed his thinking and fee-structure to enable his client to grow their wealth.
- Jared’s tips on introducing investing to children and how to get them to start thinking about it.
- Two main ways that Jared helps clients prepare for a potential downturn.
- A recent business improvement, how Jared finds investors, and the number one contributor to his success.
- How Jared likes to give back and getting in touch with him.
[bctt tweet=”People really can invest not only for profit but to support whatever it is that’s important to them through these value-based screened mutual funds. — Jared Williams” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Jared Williams
Jared Williams and his wife, Brittany, and homeschool their three children and are active members of a local church. He has been in the finance industry for over 10 years. He started as a typical financial advisor following a mainstream approach to investing and preparing for retirement. Then, he discovered the substantial, devastating impact that the stock market rollercoaster and investment costs have on most families’ wealth. The more he studied and tested different financial models, the more he was convinced that the stereotypical financial approach taught today causes families to have far less wealth and retirement money than they ever expected due to hidden, but very real losses. So, today he has two main goals when working with families: To help them be godly stewards of their resources by aligning their money with their values and beliefs and to help them recover the substantial wealth most families are losing and bringing it back into their lives for their families, their futures, and for the Kingdom of God.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: