Learning is a life-long process, and it adds value both to you and those around you in numerous ways. This intellectual curiosity is a cornerstone to success, and our guest today, Davide Pio is a shining example of this. As an investment broker, Davide could have chosen to stick to a limited scope of knowledge.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
However, he has opted to expand his horizons, learning more about law and tax to go the extra mile for his clients. We kick off the episode by diving into Davide’s background. Although he got started in real estate during the last recession, he was hooked and has not looked back since. He then shares an incredible story of how he saved a potential client a great deal of tax. While Davide, as a broker, could have chosen to push for the deal, he shared his knowledge and ultimately put the customer-to-be first. We then move onto discussing the CCIM designation that Davide holds. He shares the value of the accreditation and the practical knowledge that it gives anyone in the real estate industry. Finally, we round the show off by talking about a recent business improvement of Davide’s as well as how he likes to give back. Be sure to tune in today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Learn more about Davide’s background and what he’s involved in now.
- Why Davide decided to stay in real estate despite starting during the last recession.
- An example of how Davide helped a potential client optimize their tax on their building.
- Find out more about the estate tax law and how it can ensure a larger legacy.
- The importance of having a nuanced, long-term approach to a deal.
- How Davide educated himself on the tax side and implications of real estate.
- Learn more about the CCIM designation and who it’s best suited for.
- What value having a CCIM designation adds to a broker’s reputation.
- A recent business improvement and the number one contributor to Davide’s success.
- Learn more about how Davide likes to give back.
[bctt tweet=”The estate tax law, in summary, when you pass away and your kids inherit your property, your stocks, and things like that, it gets reassessed as if they had purchased it for the value the day you passed. — Davide Pio” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Davide Pio
Since becoming an investment broker in 2006, Davide Pio has shown his attention to detail when performing a market or asset analysis. His primary specializations include asset reallocation and repositioning, multifamily and industrial investments, site analysis, development, and syndication opportunities. Although Davide primarily assists clients in the greater San Francisco Bay Area, his abilities and expertise reach all types of real estate assets throughout not only California but also the entire United States. This is possible thanks to not only his highly scrutinized market and asset analysis but also his collective understanding and insight into local, federal, and global political and economic trends and how they could directly or inversely affect his client’s real estate portfolio. Nearly all business generated comes through referrals from satisfied clients such as experienced and first-time investors seeking multifamily and retail units, owner-user industrial buyers (sales/leasing), and clients looking to reallocate and reposition their current real estate portfolios.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: