Our guest on today’s episode is Chad Sutton. Chad is a managing partner, leading the acquisitions team of Quattro Capital, an investment firm focused on residential multi-family real estate. They specialize in properties such as apartment complexes, mobile home communities, and mixed-use commercial.
Our gracious sponsor:
Lionshare Bookkeeping believes the key to generating wealth is understanding where it comes from, and where it needs to go. They provide bookkeeping and financial coaching exclusively to Real Estate Investors – focusing on cash flow, strategy, and action. Go to http://bit.ly/LionshareBookkeeping to connect with them now.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Chad is a recovering engineer who spent most of his career in corporate America in space flight and aircraft before turning into a niched real estate investor. Join us for today’s episode as Chad shares more about being the lead in their acquisitions team, why it is crucial to structure your deals properly, what mistakes to look out for and avoid, the downfall of missing taxes and insurance, his biggest tips and real estate advice, and so much more!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Chad shares more about his background, focus, and his superpower.
- He shares about his role at Quattro as the lead in the acquisitions team.
- Why it is important to structure your deal properly: don’t set up the team for failure.
- Chad shares inputs where he sees people making mistakes: loans on the property, you have capital budget and you have operating expenses; don’t miss big-ticket items.
- How people miss taxes and insurance and why that is not good.
- A big mistake in early underwriting: getting the income wrong.
- Chad goes over some more tips on structuring deals.
- The concept of the capital stack: from bottom to top is priority of getting paid. If you don’t pay your loan, you lose the property.
- Working with an equity company: who they are and how he found them.
- Why perceptual positioning is key.
- The hardest part of the syndication business for Chad: the mindset shift.
- How he prepares for a potential downturn:
[bctt tweet=”Deal structuring is really the art of the deal. It’s the art of the game. — Chad Sutton” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Chad Sutton
Chad Sutton is a Managing Partner leading the Acquisitions Team of Quattro Capital, an investment firm focused on residential multifamily real estate such as apartment complexes, mobile home communities and mixed-use commercial. He is a “recovering engineer” who spent most of his career in corporate America in spaceflight and aircraft before turning into a niche real estate investor.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: