It’s the biggest fear in the hearts and minds of all investors – losing huge money in an investment. Calvin Chin had that most unfortunate first experience dabbling in real estate – a financial loss that is huge enough to drive a new investor to throw in the towel and shun real estate investing forever. But Calvin is made of sterner stuff. He picked himself up, consigned his initial tumble as one of his best, albeit expensive, experiences in life, and made investments after investments until he decided to quit a well-paying high-tech job to find a path to buy back his time and energy, the biggest assets in life.
Our Gracious Sponsor
What is Agent Ignite?
Are you wondering how you can make more money AND create a competitive advantage for yourself, and your clients, in this ever-competitive real estate industry? Agent Ignite is the key to furthering your knowledge, establishing your expertise, and positioning yourself as a go-to expert. We deliver new and relevant knowledge so you can expand your clientele, close more deals, and ultimately increase income. Each month features a new guest speaker who will deliver on what is most relevant for your business.
As a member of DMAR’s Market Trends Committee, an avid champion for building wealth through real estate, and a self-proclaimed data geek, Nicole will share market trends and commentary that will add value to you and your clients. Staying up to date on industry statistics coupled with niche topics delivered by industry experts will help you motivate your buyers and sellers, and make you more money!
Sign up for the next Agent Ignite session at TheRuethTeam.com/events.
Podcast Production Services
Are you about to start a podcast? Or are you producing a podcast and tired of doing the editing yourself? We have produced over 1000 daily shows and the production team that we’ve created are now available to produce for you as well. We can do as little or as much as you need, from finding and communicating with guests, preparing introductions, to editing the audio and video. You’ll sound better, have a more professional presence, and you’ll have more time doing other valuable tasks on your business. Let me know if you’re interested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
Today, he is a full-time real estate investor and coach at Zen Coast University helping people create wealth and make an impact on their community via real estate investing. In this episode, he talks about the extraordinary path he took, not only to gain financial freedom but more importantly, to find meaning and purpose in his life.
Have a listen and be inspired.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Calvin’s personal background and his drive to pursue the “American Dream” as a child of first-generation immigrants
- Calvin, frustrated with work in the IT industry, realizes the two most important assets in his life.
- Calvin’s pursuit to buy back time and energy steers him to real estate investing.
- Why Calvin’s $100,000 investment loss proved to be one of his best experiences?
- With persistence and determination, Calvin continues RE investing and gains steady passive income.
- Calvin’s search for meaning in life leads him to set up Zen Coast University to help others in the investing path and create passive impact on people’s lives.
- How Calvin realize that relationships and human connections are more important than money?
- Calvin’s advice on doing only the things that you love doing in order to find your energy and time freedom.
- How does Calvin find business partners?
- The biggest challenges Calvin faced in the last twelve months and lessons learned from his investing journey so far.
- What gave Calvin the confidence to scale up his investments?
- The number one thing that’s contributed to Calvin’s success and his way of giving back.
- Calvin’s contact details.
“What are the ways that you could buy back your time and your energy? To me, those are the biggest important assets in life, time and energy, to be really present with people.”
“You just keep on scaling up to gain more confidence. You can never fail if you don’t quit.”
“You‘ve made the money and you think that’s supposed to buy you happiness. It doesn’t.”
“Do things that you like, that give you energy, then you’ll never have to work a day in your life.”
“Be a good person that attracts good people. You’ll have good business that way too.”
“Put yourself in uncomfortable situations. The more uncomfortable you are, the more growth you’ll have.”
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Calvin Chin
Calvin Chin got into real estate to find a path to buy back his time and energy. Over a 5 year period, he was able to go from grinding in a 9-5 corporate job to having the financial freedom to choose to be a full-time real estate investor and has built a portfolio of over 80+ units in just 5 years. He has scaled from owning single-family homes to flipping, to Airbnbs, to moving money through the BRRRR (Buy Renovate Rent Refinance Repeat) Method, to small multi-family homes, and now Apartment commercial projects. He believes in helping people create wealth (getting time and energy back) so they can give that knowledge back to their community! If this speaks to you, he is excited to help with your journey!
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: