In this episode, Whitney interviews Nathan Tabor, a renowned life coach, business consultant and real estate syndicator. Host of the popular podcast, Handling Life, Nathan also runs the Nathan Tabor Real Estate Academy. Nathan reveals how he managed to raise capital and turn around a healthy profit from his first syndication deal with zero experience in the real estate sector. You will learn how to prepare a business plan that can help secure financing for your first project. Nathan also shares his modus operandi for fixing and flipping properties. This is a show you do not want to miss. Tune in now!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:30 – Whitney introduces Nathan to listeners
- 01:28 – How did Nathan transition into real estate syndication? Nathan shares how he netting over $200,000 on his first deal
- 04:10 – How did Nathan react when bankers turned him down for his first deal?
- 05:15 – How did Nathan present his first deal? We discuss the importance of being fully prepared while you make your pitch
- 07:44 – How to prepare a business plan that helps you secure financing for your syndication project
- 09:22 – Being honest is critical for building trust with investors
- 11:14 – What should a syndicator do his loan is approved?
- 12:40 – Should you invest in properties with a healthy cash flow? Can vacant properties prove to be good investments?
- 13:27 – Nathan shares his modus operandi for fixing and flipping properties
- 14:29 – Does a strong economy bode well for the syndication business?
- 15:56 – Nathan shares how incorrect zoning led to him losing $150,000 on his second deal
- 18:07– How to accurately estimate cash flow on a syndication project
- 18:53 – Are tax returns an accurate indication of a property’s cash flow?
- 19:56 – What is #1 thing that has contributed to Nathan’s success?
- 22:03 – Nathan shares his contact information
- 23:20 – Share, Subscribe and Review the Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- [spp-timestamp time=”23:28″] – Learn how Whitney and his wife are graciously contributing 50% of their company’s profits to a cause that is close to their heart – adoption and orphanages
- [spp-timestamp time=”24:11″] – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- The ART of raising capital for your first syndicated deal
- Modus Operandi for fixing and flipping properties
- How to evaluate a deal by accurately estimating cash flow
- Handling Life Podcast
- Nathan Tabor Real Estate Academy
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital