In this episode, Whitney interviews Gene Guarino, President, Residential Assisted Living Academy. Gene has trained thousands of investors to date. Gene reveals how real estate investors can generate extremely handsome returns by investing in senior living spaces.
You will learn how you can benefit from dual appreciation of your business as well as real estate. How do you find a good business operator to manage a assisted living home? And, how do you scout out a property that can be suitable for senior living? We also share some interesting statistics which reveal why this asset class to set to clock a healthy rate for many years to come. Tune in for some great insights!
Our Gracious Sponsors:
See The Real Estate CPA’s Special Virtual Workshop for the listeners of The Real Estate Syndication Show on How to Answer Tax Related Questions from Your Investors!http://bit.ly/TheRealEstateCPA-Syndication
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- [spp-timestamp time=”00:00″] – Joe Fairless’s Best Ever Conference is coming up in Denver this February. Register Now!
- 01:10 – Whitney introduces Gene to listeners
- 01:51 – How did Gene get started in real estate?
- 03:02 – Gene discovers an immense investing opportunity in Resident Assistant Living space
- 04:47 – Gene purchases his first assisted living home
- 06:43 – Should syndicators with a good track record consider investing in the assisted living space?
- 07:38 – Typically, what is the quantum of funds needed for a senior living project?
- 08:00 – Different ways of raising capital for a Resident Assistant Living Space
- 08:23 – How to analyse market demographics and zero in on a suitable investment
- 10:45 – Importance of partnering with a reliable business operator who can manage your business
- 11:52 – Gene shares how the skillset and job profile for a business operator is quite different from a typical property manager
- 12:24 – Is it common for the owner of a senior living space to manage his own property?
- 14:23 – How to renovate and prep a senior living home so that it is suitable for accommodation
- [spp-timestamp time=”16:11″] – Get your tax queries answered by the Real Estate CPA
- 17:01 – Gene reveals interesting details about the last property that he acquired; learn how a $800,000 is netting him 15K every month
- 18:53 – Senior Living Investing can be a double whammy with both the business and real estate increasing in value
- 20:05 – Educating yourself is critical for dealing with sophisticated investors
- 20:38 – How an aging population bodes well for the resident assistant living
- 22:27 – What are the challenges for folks who wish to invest in the senior living space?
- 23:54 – How to scout out a good location for putting up a senior living space
- 24:50 – Are there any state rules that you need to follow?
- 25:29 – What is the #1 thing that has contributed to Gene’s success?
- 26:24 – What is the hardest thing about investing in senior living spaces?
- 27:15 – What is the most important thing that investors should consider before investing in this space?
- 27:41 – Final advice for folks who wish to enter the business
- 28:28 – Gene shares how you can access his awesome FREE training
- 29:27 – Schedule a call with Whitney!
- [spp-timestamp time=”29:42″] – A Special Thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn
- Nuances of capital raising for investing in the senior living space
- Skillset and job profile of a business operator who can manage your senior living space
- How increase in value of your business and as well as real estate makes investing in senior living spaces an extremely attractive proposition