Ian Ippolito, serial entrepreneur, creator, The Real Estate Crowdfunding Review, and The Private Investor Club reveals how the power of the collective can allow users to negotiate a better deal for their real estate investments.
This show starts off with Ian revealing his background information. Why did Ian pivot towards alternative investments from stocks? And, eventually, how did Ian start his own syndication business? Ian also shares his reasons for creating the Private Investor’s Club.
In the second half of this show, Ian reveals the various benefits of being a member of his club. You will learn how you can leverage the strength of other group members to find and analyze deals. Ian also shares that collective capital raising allows him to negotiate a better deal with a real estate sponsor.
This show shall be really interesting to those interested in exploring alternative forms of investment.
Tune in for some excellent insights!
Our Gracious Sponsor:
Are you wanting to learn how to gain financial freedom through having your own syndication business? Text LEARN to 474747 to begin to learn from one of the best in the industry, Vinney Chopra. Vinney came to the US with only $7 in his pocket, and now controls hundreds of millions of dollars of real estate he has acquired through multifamily syndication. He is now personally coaching others to do the same. Text LEARN to 474747 to begin your journey to starting your own syndication business! Vinneychopra.com
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:29 – Whitney introduces Ian
- 01:18 – Ian started out as a tech entrepreneur
- 01:48 – Ian transitions to alternative investments from stocks
- 02:15 – How did Ian create a real estate website and eventually, the Private Investor’s Club?
- 03:20 – Ian reveals his reasons for creating the Private Investor’s Club
- 04:45 – How does Ian ensure that investor information is not distributed publicly?
- 05:56 – How is Ian marketing his website and forum?
- 06:29 – Benefits of sharing a real estate deal in the Private Investor’s Club
- 08:30 – How collective fundraising helps Ian approach and negotiate with a sponsor
- 10:43 – What is a SPV? And, what is the advantage of forming a SPV?
- 11:58 – Should you hire an attorney for help with forming a SPV?
- 13:10 – Do investors in the forum end up working with the same sponsors again and again?
- 13:55 – Ian shares his criteria for vetting a sponsor
- 14:17 – Reasons for investing in a deal where the sponsor is investing their own capital
- 15:25 – Text LEARN to 474747 to learn the nuances of multifamily syndication from Vinney Chopra
- 17:48 – Should you work with a sponsor who has never witnessed a downturn?
- 18:48 – What is the most challenging aspect of the syndication business for Ian?
- 19:35 – What is ONE way via which Ian has significantly improved his business?
- 21:02 – What is the number ONE thing that has contributed to Ian’s success?
- 21:50 – Powerful HABITS that have helped Ian overcome his biggest challenges
- 23:38 – Future business developments that Ian is really excited about
- 25:08 – Ian encourages listeners to check out and join his forum
- 25:26 – How does Ian give back to the real estate community?
- 26:21 – Ian shares his contact information
- 26:40 – Schedule a call with Whitney now!
- 26:43 – Join our Facebook group to connect with like-minded individuals and real estate experts like Vinney
- [spp-timestamp time=”26:51″] – A special thanks to our sponsor, Life Bridge Capital
In this episode, you will learn:
- How an investor forum can help you find and analyze real estate deals
- How collective fundraising can help negotiate a better deal with a real estate sponsor
- How to vet a real estate sponsor
- Real Estate Syndication Podcast
- Life Bridge Capital
- The Real Estate Crowdfunding Review
- The Private Investor Club
- Ian’s LinkedIn