Ever wondered how the world of real estate syndication and investment truly works? Join us as we sit down with Elijah Brown, co-founder of Gold Hawk Capital, and unravel the secrets of cashflow modeling, co-sponsorship, and the fund-to-fund model. With his expertise in REITs, senior housing, and raising capital, this episode is a treasure trove of invaluable insights for real estate investors.
Listen in as Elijah shares his transition from working in REITs and senior housing to co-founding Gold Hawk Capital, focusing on value and multifamily properties, and short-term rentals. He also reveals how his lifestyle change to traveling full-time impacted his career, leading him to shift his focus to raising capital and fund-to-fund opportunities. We dive into the complexities of cashflow modeling, the legalities of co-sponsorship, and the pros and cons of single-asset or multi-asset deals.
Elijah also discusses the waterfall structure, the costs of setting up a fund, and his experiences in negotiating better terms with large check sizes. Whether you’re a seasoned investor or just starting in the real estate game, this episode is packed with practical tips and unique experiences that will undoubtedly expand your knowledge and improve your investment strategies. So don’t miss out on this opportunity to learn from one of the best in the industry!
Watch the podcast here:
Listen to the podcast here:
About Elijah Brown
- Bachelor’s in business from the University of Southern California in 2018
- Started off as associate and then manager at Healthpeak Properties, an S&P500 REIT.
- Underwrote a wide range of senior housing and medical office real estate.
- Played a key role in $4 billion of portfolio deals.
- Alongside that, in 2017, he co-founded GoldHawk Capital, an REI firm focused on value-add MF properties and short-term rentals across the US.
- ~1,000 apartment units and 100 short term rentals valued over $150 million, (through a combination of JVs, syndications, fund-of-funds, and LP investments)
- Now focused on buying hundreds of high cash flowing Airbnbs across the United States and paying professionals to manage the day-to-day
- Serves as a Civil Affairs Officer in the United States Army Reserve – was previously a Military Intelligence Officer.
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: