To land your syndication deals, you need to develop a sure-fire process that helps you deal with investors and deepen your offerings. In short, you need to learn how to sell the sizzle. In today’s episode, we happily welcome back Gene Trowbridge, award-winning attorney, syndicator, and master of the sizzle; his book, It’s a Whole New World, is practically prescribed reading on our end. Gene is on the show to unpack his four steps to selling the sizzle of real estate syndication. After sharing details about his background, we dive straight into the conversation as Gene explains how to pique an investor’s interest.
Our gracious sponsor:
Lionshare Bookkeeping believes the key to generating wealth is understanding where it comes from, and where it needs to go. They provide bookkeeping and financial coaching exclusively to Real Estate Investors – focusing on cash flow, strategy, and action. Go to http://bit.ly/LionshareBookkeeping to connect with them now.
Watch the episode here:
Listen to the podcast here:
We talk about the benefits of being an expert in a specific area and how this helps you to recognize opportunities. We then discuss how having a team adds to your credibility, especially if the team includes someone who is more experienced than you. Gene provides answers to the questions that investors will commonly ask you before we explore why selling yourself is as important as selling a deal. An added perk, Gene talks about how following his steps will ensure that you provide investors with all of the material facts relevant to your deal, safely meeting the requirements of security laws. This episode contains valuable lessons if you’re figuring out a process to make your first deal and for first-time investors who need to know what to look out for. So, tune in to learn how to sell the sizzle.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Gene discusses his successful career as a broker, syndicator, and lawyer.
- Steps that you should take to do your deal, including building an investor database.
- Learn Gene’s four steps of ‘selling the sizzle’ that will lead to syndication success.
- Tips on how to sell to investors — building the sizzle of getting people interested.
- The importance of being an expert in a specific real-estate sector.
- Why you need a list of credentials to ease the mind of investors.
- How having a team can boost your credentials and help win over investors.
- Why you need an answer to the question – “are you putting your own money into this?”
- Concisely presenting your deal and showing how it provides solutions.
- How using Gene’s steps builds the relationship required to satisfy the 506(b) rule.
- Protecting yourself when investing through transparency and putting everything into writing.
- Gene shares how being a mentor has contributed to his success.
[bctt tweet=”You’ve got to find what you’re a specialist in and then focus on the opportunities in that marketplace. Then you need to show investors what these opportunities are. — Gene Trowbridge” username=”whitney_sewell”]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
About Gene Trowbridge
As the founding partner of Trowbridge Law Group LLP, Gene’s law practice concentrates on the syndication of commercial and investment real estate, through both debt and equity, and representing over 400 clients. The median offering size is $2,000,000. His practice writes offerings under Rule 506(b) and 506(c), of Regulation D. As a former syndicator who for ten years raised investor capital through the broker-dealer community, he is able to communicate with his clients on both the technical and the practical aspects of state and federal securities laws. As a long time CCIM and CCIM Senior Instructor, Gene has won numerous awards for his teaching ability. His book It’s a Whole New Business! is really a ‘how-to’ manual on real estate syndication.
Love the show? Subscribe, rate, review, and share!
Join the Real Estate Syndication Show Community: